Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter Weather Prep: Sundance "Fashion" Festival



Winter Weather Prep: Sundance Fashion Film Festival



As I begin prepping for my visit to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, I'll immediately reach for my winter essentials! Big furry hats, snow boots, parka, etc. Knowing I'll be spending time outdoors while rubbing elbows with celebs, my cuddle dud long underwear is not going to cut it! :)

What to wear, what to wear??! When packing for this trip, I need to remain practical, while still looking fabulous! It brings me back to my adolescence, when sitting at the bus stop mid-January meant every bit of skin was covered, including my face! The key is to find a happy medium to ensure warmth and style.

LOOK TO AVOID:
Remember this gem of a look from The Christmas Story?!?



LOOKS TO EMBRACE:

 
1.BIG OLE BOOTS







2. THE PERFECT PARKA




3. THE WARM VEST

VIBRANT PURPLE

4. THE SWEATER




5. THE PILOT HAT

Canada Goose Genuine Shearling Pilot Hat
**Faux Fur is fabulous and less expensive



5. SKI SLOPE-READY SKIN


Wardrobe is crucial, but don't neglect your most important accessory...your skin! Winter months bring dry air, days of forgetting sunscreen, and pale skin. I use Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer to combat all three of these "Winter Blues"

Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20

For those extra-dry days, turn up your humidifier and try this moisturizer by Clinique:

Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer Dry Combination

See some of these tips I found on from Ulta and Allure Magazine to keep you skin perfect all year round:




Now I'm ready!!! Fingers crossed for a few celeb sightings! :)


Happy Hobbying Film Watching,
MDRW





No comments:

Post a Comment