Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Snow has Melted: My Brain has Thawed

I can't believe I haven't posted anything since January! I think I went into hybernation! But the snow has officially melted and it's finally starting to feel more and more like Spring in Chicago!

A lot has happened in the last 3 months...I've moved into a new home, been planning my wedding, and was even able to sneak away on a few fantastic getaways.

All of these fun events have been big inspiration to what I've planned to write about, however I've had tons of thoughts flowing through my head, which has made it difficult to pinpoint what to talk about! 

I came across this perfect birds eye view of my head right now...

Maybe Hubs will understand when I explain it this way...(from @[305525486452:274:The Truth About Motherhood])
This is so me and I typically do have at least 2,000 tabs open in my mind and on my PC at all times! :)

The biggest topic that is consuming my thoughts right now is my Winter wedding in 2014! Yay! It's soo much fun to fantasize and think BIG! I've got my ideas and inspirations, but for the meantime, these details will remain a secret! The eliminate of surprise is the key :)

I will, however, be sharing some of my favorite wedding trends, colors, ideas and some tips throughout the next few months. If there is anything specific you would like me to talk about or research for you I'd be happy to assist as your pseudo wedding planner! Just post a comment!


What bride doesn't secretly want a little "FRANCK" in her life?


Pinterest has always been my best friend, but I'm actually contemplating making it a bridesmaid?!? I'm mean, it provides you with wedding advice, emergency tips, and even can entertain you when you think you  might lose your mind. Plus, it won't say a word about the ugly dress you decide to pick out! I think I'm onto something here...


I've been driving my fiance crazy at night because rather than getting involved in the Wheel of Fortune puzzles that we always battled over, I'm nose deep on my i-pad scrolling up and down and up and down looking for inspiration!

I subscribe to Brides Magazine as well, which is great cuz I can easily pull out the pictures and dtore them in my "Wedding Binder", however there is something so addictive about that Pinterest!

Speaking of, by sure to follow my pinterest "The Modern Day Renaissance Woman". ;)

So, I thought the best way to ease myself back into my blog is by highlight a few of my favorite "must haves/dos" for some of the fun things I've been doing this winter:

1. Vacations that Get a Little "Steamy" 
Joy Mangano 900-Watt Go Mini® Steamer w Bag Blowout Set
Engagements and moving to a new home, means doing laundry not just for one but for two! I've never been a big ironer. The pulling out of the board, the waiting for the iron to heat up, the fear of burning a hole through your new fiance's favorite shirt...Not appealing!

As I was unloading boxes and "becoming more domestic" in January, I flipped on the tv, which happened to be on the HSN (Home Shopping Network). I've never actually purchased anything through the tv before, but I did go through a phase in college where I would watch it all day, but never had a purpose for anything.

Well on this particular day, the ladies of HSN were doing a segment on Joy Mangano and her home organizing systems. They featured a mini steamer that did a great job selling, I must say. I skipped right over to the computer and order us one in brown! I would never have to iron again and it was in a travel size, which was going to be perfect for the traveling I'd be doing, especially for work!

The beautiful box arrived and I've been "steaming" ever since! I brought this with to all my getaways to ensure I'd stay looking fresh and crisp. I jam so much in my suitcases anyway that it's hard to avoid a wrinkle or two! The Joy Mangano 900-Watt Go Mini® Steamer with Bag Blowout Set is just what I needed to help bridge the gap between "girlfriend" and "wife".

2. New House: Throw Pillows and a Housewarming Party

Shop pillows
One of the first things I did once we moved in and had our new sectional delivered was to add the pillows. The manufacture included a few custom pillows that I got to pick out different designs for, which was great, but I wanted lots and lots of pillows and I didn't want them to be too matchy matchy. I'm loving all the  geometrical designs. For so long, people thought the pillows all had to be the same design or you could only do a variation of 2 or 3, however you could literally "throw" ALL of these pillows on your sofa and it would become a huge focus point in your living room space. Be sure you have plenty of cocktails handy, because your guests will want to cozy up to them all night!

Tip: Homegoods, one of my favorite guilty pleasures, is a great place to get a similar look without the price tag! What is their tag line again? "Homegoods Happy"? With a wedding to plan and a new home to decorate, I know this makes me happy :)

3. Wedding to Plan: Bridezilla Who?!?


When I got engaged in August, we originally looked to set a wedding date in October. This would give us just over a year to plan. When dates for the venue and church weren't available at the same time, we choice to push the wedding back to after the holidays and to when things slowed down for everyone. Our new date has given us a lot more time to budget and plan.

With many "to-dos" for the "i dos" already checked off our list, we still have 10 months of "planning bliss" ahead of us. This has made the planning experience much more pleasant for me. I'm a very details planner, so I could have only imagined that I would have turned into a bridezilla if I only had a few short months to plan.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I will have my moments, but so far so good!

As much as my fiance and I want to call eachother "husband and wife" asap, we are glad that we don't have to rush the joys of being engaged. Plus saying "fiance" is so much more fun, right?!

Everyone keeps telling me that they don't feel any different once they are married, so why rush to get rid of the "bride" title? Anything that involves a "title" and an excuse to wear white everyday is okay by me! Just like we should all do on our wedding day, take it all in and enjoy it!

Now get in the bath, pour some bubbles, pull out your ipad (already loaded up to Pinterest, of course) and relax!

Happy Hobbying Bathing,
The MDRW






No comments:

Post a Comment