Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wrap it Up With a Bow - Making a Registry Gift Personal


It's wedding season and with every wedding comes bridal showers! I've always enjoyed picking out gifts for friends, but for bridal and baby showers its best to follow the registry.

Registry gifts can be, let's face it, boring! There is nothing sexy about pots, pans, or bath towels, but I always like to add something to a gift to make it more personal. The gift wrapping is the easiest way to add color and "flare" that will make your's stand out in a sea of boxes from Bed Bath and Beyond!

I always keep the basics for a decent wrap job on hand at home. This includes neutral, solid and/or pattern wrapping paper and a variety or ribbon. Multiple colors are good to have to that you can match your gift to the color scheme of the shower or wedding.

I also make regular visits to my local crafts store to pick up items that make the gift wrap more personal. I look for monogrammed pieces (see images below), seasonal accents (i.e. real or fake flowers, decorative insects, pearls, bows, baby rattles, decorate wedding pieces such as enlarged engagement rings, wedding bells, toy cakes, etc.) Get creative and think about the guest of honor's interests.

Just this weekend I had two wedding showers for two of my dearest friends. Knowing that the showers would be wonderful, I wanted to make sure U brought gifts to match!

Below are the two gifts that I wrapped!
The first was for my friends, Jamie. She has such an amazing personality and is so feminine, so with that and a pink floral invitation, I wanted her gift to be whimsical and spring-like!

I picked up some monogrammed stationary based on the bride's soon-to-be new last name. In this case,  Jamie's fiance's last name starts with an "R". I used one of the cards from the stationary as my card for the gift and left her the others to keep. I also used an "R" stamp to stamp the card and also gave this to the bride to use for the future.



The other shower was for my one of my best friends, Stephanie! I'm standing up in the wedding, so I wanted to make sure she knew I put a lot of thought into her gift. The invitations for the shower were black, white, and green and matched perfectly with Stephanie wedding colors and her artist and creative taste! Stephanie is edgy but still has an appreciation for the simple things in life!




The gifts were a hit among all the ladies and were also a perfect addition to the ribbon bouquet that is created at the shower by the bridesmaids for the rehearsal dinner!

Happy Hobbying,


The Self Proclaimed, Modern Day Renaissance Woman


No comments:

Post a Comment