Saturday, April 7, 2012

It is All in the Details: Throwing a personalized party

I was up all night trying to decide what to make my first official post about. I wanted it to be something fun and interesting that would show all of you what I'm all about and the types of ideas and projects you will see throughout this blog.

I figured I would start with my latest endeavor and probably one of the most important tasks in my life to date...the pleasure of being the Maid of Honor in my sister's wedding! She's my best friend and has always bent over backwards for me, so I knew I'd have to pulled out all the stops for all the wedding festivities, beginning with the engagement party!

With all parties, it was important for the theme and vibe to reflect the guest(s) of honor. In this case, we were celebrated the commitment of my sister and her fiancé as well as their future as a married couple. My sister and I are half Italian and half Irish, her fiancé is 100% Italian do it was natural for the theme to incorporate the Italian culture, which we know will be traditions that are brought into theist new family!

Now that the history of the event is out in the open, let's get to the good stuff...the details!

Italian...hmmm? Italian engagement? "That's Amore" popped in my head. To get other ideas, it always helps to play around with Google to get creative. After we had the "That's Amore" theme decided we ran with it!

We used I Want a Cake to have this amazing, old world Italian, three-tiered cake made! A cake always make for a good talking piece and the guests always remember it, especially when it tastes so good!

Since one dessert is never enough, we had I Want a Cake bake us some adorable cookies shaped like a bride, groom, diamond ring, Italy, etc. Another talking piece and it made for great pictures.


When I think "Italian", I think "wine", so personalized wine bottles were a must! Anything personalized can tend to get pricey, so this is where you patience and a little elbow grease come into play. I order labels from My Own Labels, which is full of cute ideas for other events such as showers, weddings, garden parties, etc. they have easy to use templates where you can add you own personal touch with the click of a mouse. I headed over to Trader Joe's, where you can find an amazing selection of wine as well as "experts" you can give you recommendations. The prices are right, which was what I needed since I ordered 30 labels and planned to use all if them! 15 bottles if Pinot Noir and 15 bottles of Pinot Grigio!

The purchasing portion of this project was easy, it's the scrapping of the labels that can drive you up the wall (insert patience here), however the final price tag and the look on my sister's face was worth it!


I'm obsessed with anything personalized! There is something so "personal" about it! :) it makes both the guest(s) of honor and the guests feel special. It appears as if you went through a lot of trouble to throw them the best party you could...and in most cases, you did! The best part is everyone wants to take something home, which will continue to remind them what a wonderful event you have thrown.

Then add some personalized candy and snacks, such as Hershey kisses and M&Ms, a signature cocktail and delicious finger foods and your guests will never leave!





Happy Hobbying,


The Self Proclaimed, Modern Day Renaissance Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment